Monday, January 6, 2014

June 9th

Yeah, Bruder Graf did get baptized and he is SO excited! So we are so excited. 
We have been trying to teach a lot, and we have lots and lots of contacts. Stacks on STACKS, but we have a hard time making out appointments or getting them to progress. So we have been teaching lots of first lessons, lots of god, lots of stuff about the church. Which is awesome.
Sister Miller and I are staying together for another transfer, which is absolutely awesome. I have a lot of fun with her and we work together really well. 
Ha okay quick story.
So on Tuesday, we went over to Bruder Graf's house to teach him, and his betreuer was there (wearing a thug life sweatshirt. Which makes it so much better...) so we were just chatting it up, they were speaking in Russian and Sister Miller and I were just... lost. Then Bruder Graf wanted us to come see his bees. 
We walk out to the backyard and he has a HUGE BEESNEST HANGING FROM HIS TREE. Literally like 4 feet long. I was terrified. 
So Sister Miller and I were standing on the other side of the yard, while his betreuer was getting all close and personal to the beehive...
All of the sudden, Brother Graf takes his cane and whacks the beesnest. HE WACKED A NEST FULL OF BEES. CRAZY???!??!?!
Anyway, his betreuer gets stung in the face, we run away screaming, and Bruder Graf just stands there, laughing. He firmly believes that beestings are healthy. Besides, they only sting once, right?
This man is the best. He is totally crazy, but so great. 
Ahhh thank you for the pictures of Colorado!!! And Utah!
That bear one is so cool. And doch doch, mom. You have totally seen a bear in the wild before! Girls camp? Haha but that is really cool. 
That's one thing I wish I could do this summer. Camp. I miss camping! And playing the guitar. I tried to play a guitar at district meeting last week but my fingers aren't callused anymore so it hurts. BUT. I did get to play the piano for Bruder Graf's baptism, and I think I will be accompanying for one of the Elders in our district. He plays the viola and has a killer arrangement for Nearer My God to Thee. 
Haha is it fun to be able to take these short vacations by yourself?! Crazy that Aaron is graduated already.. 
Where is your next adventure? 
Haha I love the picture of mom next to Germany. I think I will print it out and hang it on my wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment