Wednesday, January 8, 2014

August 19

Sister Bauman keeps this up. It's fun to look at pictures :)
We did have a good week!
Sister Walker hurt her back on Friday so the last few days we have been doing as much inside as possible. She needs to move it and we have been to physical therapy so she can start working again. It turns out that there was a pinched nerve but because she kept working on it it ended up coming out. So now she has a nerve that has broken through her spine. 
Which is good because it is making us work a little more organized. Smarter, not harder. 
Training is so fun. We had a tausch this week and I was able to go up to Eisenhüttenstadt where there are a total of 10 members! We visited one of them and had 3 other lessons. I feel like I don't do any training on tausch. The other sisters train me and I am so thankful for that. It's cool because I don't do anything really. I just try to help them the best I can and it ends up being absolutely wonderful. 
We still have our area but we weren't able to teach a lot this week. I had a fever on Thursday so I slept till 3 and then we were on tausch on Friday and Sister Walker hurt her back then, so we had to cancel all our appointments these last two days because she couldn't move. 
Alma 34:16 really stuck out to me this week. 
16 And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety
But I replaced Mercy with Christ. So it reads, "And thus Christ can satisfy the demands of justict, and encircles them in the arms of safety"
I just imagined myself at the judgement bar of God, being shown all my weaknesses and mistakes. Feeling the guilt and shame that sins bring. And knowing that I can't do anything about it except beg for forgiveness. Then, Christ is there. "Encircling me in the arms of safety." Safe from the mistakes I've made, safe from all the things I have ever fallen short of and He forgives me. Because He loves me - despite my weaknesses and shortcomings. And I cry. Hard. Because I know that I love Him too. 
I was listening to The Atonement by Cleon Skousen getting ready the other day and he mentioned that we are not allowed or made clean because of us. Christ wants us there and because he wants us there, that is why we are forgiven. That is why we do all we can to come close to Him. Because he loves us. And it's up to us to learn about Him. 
I was thinking about the restoration. And my testimony of it. But really, my testimony goes deeper than the restoration. I know that Joseph Smith was the instrument that the Lord used to help restore His church, but that's what it is about. HIM. Jesus Christ. 
I already knew this, but it was a nice reminder. And when those witnesses come again and again, then is the testimony strengthened. 
Melvin, our investigator that referred himself came to church this week, even though we weren't there. There is a man in our ward that is from America so he translated for Melvin. He loves it. he is so excited to learn but he is not sure on a date yet. so we are working on it :)
Other than that, we have a fun night prepared on Friday where we will be dancing, singing, eating, stuff like that. It should be really fun :)
That sounds so fun that you went camping! I want to go. 
Haha I slept out on a balcony last week and it was the closest to camping I've gotten so far out here. I loved it. 
It sounds so cool with Linus and Joao there. I wish I could meet them!
Who knows? Maybe I will be sent up to where  Linus lives! Haha that would be cool. Tell them hi from me.
Also, thank you for the pictures! I love them :) Aaron's didn't show up but I got a few of them from Mom. What a stud. haha
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment