Monday, January 6, 2014

June 17th

This week was actually really neat. 
The entire week, Sister Miller and I were exhausted and had no idea why, then on Sunday when we looked back on our week, we realized EXACTLY why we were so tired. That was really satisfying because we realized how effective we actually can be. So we are striving to be as effective as possible in the next five weeks. I can't believe it's taken this long to figure out how to use every minute effectively.
We have been working so much with the ward and we are seeing the change that is happening, in some members at least. Sister Leuschner had us over for Mittags yesterday and she was more than happy to help us find a street to proselyte. We are going back on Wednesday to report to her.
Another man, Bruder Schult, came up to us at church and told us that he had already given away two Books of Mormon since the member fireside, and that he wants 4 more. No problem.
The Farnsworths contacted an old investigator, that the sisters before us had tschüßed, and he came to church yesterday, saying that he thinks its time to come back to church and continue learning.
This was amazing to see because even though the entire ward isn't changing all at once, I honestly can see members doing more and more. The hope is to get the members that aren't doing ANYTHING to help us with SOMETHING.
As I was thinking about how best to help the members, our investigators, and those we meet on the street, doing doors, referrals... I came across Jacob 4:14 that talks about not understanding because of looking beyond the mark. How we are blind when we lose focus of what is really important.
Then I asked myself what was most important to me. Is it Christ? Is it bringing others unto Christ, or getting lessons?
I think sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking about ourselves more than thinking about other people. Looking beyond the mark by trying to accomplish something for ourselves.
I had a friend email me and told me that as long as I was thinking about other people, as long as I was doing what Christ would have me doing, no time is a waste of time.
Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing more miracles this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment