Wednesday, January 8, 2014

August 26

Something I learned this week
:)

Mosiah 24:14-15
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

In these two verses, it captures the essence of humility. Alma and his people had fled from King Noah, decided to follow God, everything was going good and then they were put back in slavery. Amulon did everything he could to make life for Alma and his people miserable. Yet, Alma submitted to the will of the Lord, he prayed that he and his people could make it through this trial they had, and the Lord spoke to them. He made their trial light, even so they could not feel the weight of the burden on their backs. Alma and his people could have complained. They could have complained to the Lord that they have tried to serve Him with everything they have and yet, they are still in bondage. But this was their test. The Lord tests the faithful. And when they come through it, the things they have learned lead them to believe more on Jesus Christ. Believe more in the promises of the Lord - but only if they are humble enough. 
I thought about everything I have been through, everything I will go through. I have and will be tested. I have and will have more difficulties. But what is my attitude? How is my attitude about following the commandments? Am I truly grateful for the blessings that come? 
I want to live so that all the answers to those questions are positive. I love the Lord. I want to be with Him again. And I am so thankful for the understanding that I do have. I may not know all of it, but little by little the Lord lets me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment