Wednesday, January 8, 2014

August 12

Pride? Well, pride comes in two ways. From the top looking down and from the bottom looking up. 
I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and honestly, I do have pride to work on, but mainly because in the mornings I kindof want to do my own thing eg. personal study is PERSONAL, I can do with it what I want... But Sister Walker is like miss drill sargent. I love her, I do. But she is stricter than any other person I have ever met. I have never before thought in my mission that I have been wasting the Lord's time because every minute that is spent on another person is not wasting time. I have that opinion and I will not change it. Being on a mission has taught me one very important aspect. Everything is NOT about you. The missionary schedule is suggested. Not set in stone. It's OKAY if we get out of the house 3 minutes late if we were finishing talking and preparing about sisters, investigators, etc. But. My first priortiy after the Lord and Mission President is my companion. We definitely do not agree on some things, and half the time she's annoyed with me when I have no idea what I am doing wrong and it ends up being something stupid like I started personal study 5 minutes late today, or I went to the bathroom during personal study. Nevertheless, she is my companion and I am trying as hard as possible to please her. I am trying to look at things from her point of view, especially because I CAN'T READ HER MIND and she doesn't say anything until later, but I can tell she is annoyed with me half of the time. 
I started a list of 'reasons I love Sister Walker' and it's gotten really long. I guess you could say that's my way of coping. So I use all of my time to take care of Sister Walker. As best as I can anyway. I don't know if I am the perfect person for this job, and it is definitely teaching me more than ever. Like the current bush. 
I have noticed that as I am focusing on the good things and trying to mold myself to her instead of fighting anything, the good things carry over into when we go on exchanges with other sisters. 
So yeah. You read the lines right. There is a new program for sisters called sister training leaders which is the equivalent to a zone leader. So we conduct exchanges with other companionships of sisters, go to jedi council (the missionary leadership council thingie. Like the school board or something...) Our main priority is the welfare of the sisters. So this is my first transfer as one, and Sister Walker has been an STL for 3 transfers now, so she is training me how to be a sister training leader. And it is SUCH a fun job. I get to work one on one with different sisters in the mission and see how they work, how they are doing, etc... 
Michael, the man we found last week called and made an appointment out with us. We want to reactivate him and Sister Walker is the perfect missionary for that. Especially since she taught and baptized him. 
Melvin is awesome. We had another appointment with him this week and he came to church! He is from Ghana and has read and prayed and come to church... We asked him to baptism last week but he said he wants to know more first. He will get there. Something I have noticed about Germany is that we don't teach many Germans. Haha remember the blessing Pres. Mower gave me before I left? He said that I would be teaching lots of people from different cultures? African, German, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Turkish, American, English, Slovakian, Italian... There's more but I can't remember everything. 
SO cool! I am so excited for the exchange students! How is Linus? Or did Linus translate for you?! Haha so cool! So, wenn man spricht mit seiner Familie, dutzt er. Sie sprache ist für bekannter, professionel,  und so weiter. Aber es war gut! Wir können immer mit einander Deutsch sprechen! 
Let me know how it goes with Bryan! 
And send me pictures! But the stream thing that dad sent doesn't work... I don't know if you can just attach pictures to emails for me? That would be great. 
I wish I could stay up and watch the meteor shower! It is beginning to get darker earlier now so maybe I can see it from my window, but it's still pretty light by the time we go to bed. But I will try! I would love to see that. 
Anyway, I hope you had a good week, and I hope you HAVE a good upcoming week! Let me know the fun adventures you have! 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment