Monday, July 7, 2014

June 2- The Pattern Continues.

There were a lot of opportunities I had this week to teach - My companion, my investigators and myself but nothing that I can really put into words.. I will try to relate some experiences though. 

First off - interviews with President Kosak. 
Can I tell you how much I love that man?
Seriously, though. I'm sure everyone is biased of their mission president, but he has really become one of my best friends. Which is weird because he is... always somewhere else. 
But apparently, I am not allowed to go home until he does. Which is in July of 2015.
So, see you in about a year!
Ha, kidding. SO kidding.

So our Scottish man fell off the face of the earth. He didn't show up to his lesson and when we called him, he said, "Yeah, I changed me mind".... The crust is still thick, but we'll get it.
We did have a few investigators at church this week and that was really awesome. One of our investigators, Dirk, really enjoyed Sunday School when we talked about faith and how everything starts with a desire to believe. We challenged him to baptism! We have more appointments with him this week so we will see how he progresses. 
I think that no matter what happens, I don't know if I will get used to God's timing. I think I have learned to accept it, and it doesn't bother me anymore, but it definitely still surprises me!
For example. 
We have been given an assignment from the ward to deliver invitations to members who were baptized soon after the wall came down to come to a fireside that will be put on by the missionaries who baptized them. I hope that made sense... Ha. Anyway, we had an address that was clear out in the boonies, so we had to take a few hours to go. 
Earlier that morning, Sister Sanders and I were discussing that we may not want to do hardcore finding out there since it is hard to get to the church, but we will definitely be talking with people.
Anyway, we finally get out there, and nobody wants to talk with us... (Everyone thinks we're Jdubs.. Whatevs.) But we continued until we got to the address. 
Now, we were informed by the ward that the woman who lives at this address does not live there anymore, but just to make sure, we had to go there. 
And this is why:
We were writing her a note (because she actually does still live there) and I saw this man fidgeting with his bike. I wanted to go talk with him but I was in the middle of writing this note and blah blah *insert more excuses because everyone was rejecting us the entire week, why did it even matter?*
So as we were looking at the map to figure out where to go, the man on the bike passes us, screeches to a halt and says, "HEY! You guys are Mormons! What are you doing out in the boonies??"
Hm. Apparantly to find you!
We then found out that he had first been to England, to a visitors center where they explained to him all about the Restoration, showed him videos and everything. Since then, he has read the Book of Mormon several times over, loves the church and everything it teaches and basically taught US what we believed. 
We got his phone number and address so we could come visit him soon, because his work schedule was really busy, but Rolf is golden.

We had had a rough week finding people, but still, it was kindof a slap in the face to me - especially since I am the one who is supposed to be so familiar with the promptings of the Spirit - that the Spirit had to work through someone else who may not be as familiar with them. 
That, and it doesn't really matter the outcome, following the Spirit never hurts. It's when we DON'T follow those promptings that we get in trouble, or we miss something that could have changed the course of our life, or the life of someone else. 
It's interesting that in those moments, you don't realize how the Lord is working in your life, it's just something that happens. 
But looking back, you realize that that was actually supposed to happen. 
It's probably sufficient to say that I learned a great lesson in following the Spirit this week. 

I love Germany. Especially at this time of year, even though our entire apartment is sneezing because of all the pollen in the air.. Haha
Love you! Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment