Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28: How many times can your tear ducts reproduce in a week?

So. 
I know this is the final email and everyone's final emails always consist of everything they have learned their entire mission but I absolutly cannot go on and on about the bajillion things I learned. 
Number one, if I won't want to read it in 20 years, I am not sure anyone will want to read my ramblings. 

I do, however, have some really great stories from this week. 
First story. I wish I could show you the picture but I am on the computer in the mission office and I don't know where to hook it up.
Okay lets be real. Since when do I include pictures in my emails?
#laziness/onlytwohoursonline
Sister Sanders and I were going to an appointment and it was blazing hot (seriously. This is no joke when I tell you that Germany is hot...) so we were sitting at a bus station when something fell into my lap.
I wish I could tell you it was an investigator, but....
Anyway, I thouht maybe it was a drop of water in hopes of rain. So I looked up at the sky... No rain. Hm. Maybe it was bird poop. That would be awkward.
But you don't really expect a FULL BIRD to fall into your lap.
Yes. A dead bird. Fell ino my lap. Way worse than bird poop.
Who does that??! I thought that some sicko threw it at me but I am pretty sure a bird of prey dropped it from the sky.
Oh my word.
Even the birds know I am going home.

The district made me weep at District meeting.
Naja. What else would you expect?
But seriously. They all stood around me as I played the piano. Klar. God Be With You Till We Meet Again. I will miss them.
I am not going to lie to you. I have made some of my very best friends of life here in Germany. I am not quite sure what I will do without them. 
Okay, so some of them are coming home with me. But I guess it's not so bad. I have awesome friends and family at home too.

Success story!!
Okay so this week was actually pretty great. We were able to get in contact with a bunch of investigators that we haven't been able to get in contact with for at least a month...
And we invited them all to institute!!!
And they said they would come!!!
So we were super stoked... Then we learned that there was actually no institute this week...
Um. Shoot. 
So, what do we do?
Last-minute spontaneous ping pong tournament?
Success.
Seriously though. We had like 15 people there that we haven't been able to really get a hold of for a while. The elders brought some investigators and we basically had a party.
One of the new converts in the ward even rapped for us.
He rapped his testimony at his baptism.
This kid is legit.

I realized that I actually never got a hang of the public transportation system. 
Well, doch.
I got used to it but I ALWAYS got lost. 
Including this week.
We took the bus again that takes an hour instead of the one that takes 20 minutes.
Cool.

So this week, we had a service project....
Sorting good fruit from rotten fruit at the welfare center.
For 3 hours.
I was SO tempted to start a food fight, but I was pretty sure that wouldn't have been kosher.

This week in church was actually quite.... Interesting.
I had a lot of realizations.
All of them relating to the fact that I won't ever do any of what we do normally as a missionary any longer.
And that made me sad.
But right as I was realizing that... the water for the sacrament was being passed around. 
Thinking it was going to taste like it always tastes, I was extremely shocked when what I was drinking was NOT water.
Okay, it was totally water, but it was carbonated water. 
Which Europeans seem to love...
Anyway, the bishopric caught my face as soon as I had swallowed it and they tried so hard not to bust up laughing at me..
Sister Babbitt for the win.
Ha

This week has been a blur. It's gone by so fast and I am still shocked that I am coming back to my good old 'merica in a few hours, but this is the part when I talk about what I have learned.
It's really hard to condense a year and a half of study journals, experiences, emails, conversations, etc, etc... into something short and sweet... But if I could it would be: Children of God NEVER stop becoming. There is always something to work on. Always something to accomplish. And it never stops. We ARE children of God. He is our Father. We have divine potential and we never live below our privilages.
I love you!!!
I will see you soon!
-Sister Babbitt

No comments:

Post a Comment