Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17:The Longer I'm Here, the More Confusing it Gets

Well, my abilities seem to be growing.
Being put in extremely new and confusing situations seem to be the norm now. 
This week we were asked by our ward to put on a little presentation for the ward activity. After 2 hours of blank stares and no ideas, we decided to do a day in the life of a missionary. A slapstick comedy about all the different types of missionaries: the newbie, the trunky, the glutton, the perky, the helpless, and the cryer, all working together in a day in the life.
Sorry I don't have it filmed, maybe I will get it from the members.... But it would need to be translated into English. Naja. 
So not only are our abilities as a missionary limited to spiritual stellarness, but also my acting skills have been improved. Especially since we had 30 minutes to practice. 
Blessings. The ward loved it.
We taught some of the investigators and new members we have been trying to get to know. I wanted to highlight two of them. 
First of all. Dillen.
Dillen is 11 and he is straight out of Ghana. 
Holy moses I LOVE this kid. We were planning for a lesson at the church, when he randomly walked in and said, "Sisters. It's boring at my house. So I just came here." Well, Dillen, let's play hangman and learn what it means to Endure to the End."
He is stellar and basically belongs to every family in the whole ward.
I think I mentioned Sonja last week, but she is amazing. We had a wonderful lesson with her this past week and she has decided that she wants to make time to meet every week. 

We also had an awesome tender mercy. 
So the bus stop by our house is seemingly close. We can make it from our door to the bus stop in about 3 minutes. Well,on Sunday, we left with about 5-6 minutes to spare and noticed that the bus was already at the bus stop. The bus only comes once every 30 minutes... So we were toast. 
Because the bus came early, we had no other option than to walk. So we started.... And then the bishop pulled up, asking if he could give us a ride to church. 
Thank you, God!!! 
Just one of those things. 
I found a few gems in the scriptures this week!
First gem:
 17 And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sonsof athunder:
This is in Mark 3 where Christ calls his apostles. The footnote of this verse goes to a verse that explains why they were called the sons of thunder. This stuck out to me because even Christ had nicknames for those he loved. The funny situation that happened awarded them the nickname "Sons of Thunder". I feel like it just personalized Him a little more for me.
2nd gem:
Christ says repeatedly "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear". I thought about this phrase, and realized that everybody has ears. The gospel is literally meant for everybody. But that's not it. "Let him hear" indicates that it is up to us to use our ears for their intended purpose. Sometimes we "hear" something, but we aren't really "listening". Just like a lot of people when they hear His parables. Are we really listening?
Thanks for letting me know about the miracle that happened in Summer Ridge. I will be praying for Caden and for the families involved. Something like that makes us think and shakes us out of our routine of just "going through the motions". We realize what is important to us. 
I love you!!
Sister Babbitt

Also! Miracle!!
So a few months ago, I wrote about a guy named Anas from Morocco that I met at an internet cafe?
Well, he moved from Chemnitz to Dresden, and I found out from the zone leaders there that they are now teaching Anas, that he is getting baptized and has read basically the entire Book of Mormon!!
Whaaaaat???!
I am stoked. He is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment